My house is a wreck. I should be unpacking from our trip, but Jen tagged me for my first Meme. This sounds more fun than going through suitcases or cleaning up the toys all over the living room floor.
Here are the rules:
- List the rules on your blog. (Done!)
- Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
- Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
Seven Things About Me:
1. I worry constantly. I think it's because I realize how great my life is. I'm married to the love of my life, who is my best friend. I have a beautiful daughter, who is the light of my life, and I am blessed to be able to stay home with her everyday. My mom, sisters, dad, brother and in-laws are a loving family. I have a nice house in a great neighborhood. I have wonderful friends. I have enough food in my belly. Okay, more than enough food in my belly. I am afraid at any second, it could all be taken away. That's why I worry.
2. I am addicted to e-mail. Now that I stay home, I don't get many important messages, but I check them at least ten times a day.
3. I love "tween" movies. If it's on Disney, I will watch it. My sister and I even saw Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement in the theater. Come on, it is about a normal girl who is a princess, and it stars JULIE ANDREWS. What's not to like?
4. I have a spectacular recipe for Rolled Sugar Cookies. I am being modest here. They are really the best sugar cookies you will ever taste.
1 1/2 c. butter, softened
3 c. white sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
5 c. all-purpose flower
2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
zest of one lemon
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flower, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Cover and chill overnight.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out dough on surface dusted with powdered sugar. Use as much powdered sugar as needed to keep from sticking to rolling pin. Dough should be 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes and place cookies 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
Bake 6-8 minutes in oven. Cool completely on wire racks before icing.
5. I can't stick with a hobby. I have taken stained glass, calligraphy, and cake decorating courses. I have knit and embroidered. I go hog-wild and purchase every supply you could possibly need, and then it sits in my basement.
6. I believe in my whole heart that Jesus has chosen me. Here's my brief summary: God expects us to follow his commandments. He has written them on our hearts, and even gave them to Moses. But we are sinful and can't keep His rules. Like any parent, God can't just turn a blind eye when his children disobey. If He did, the rules wouldn't mean anything. Because He loves us, He sent Jesus to us. Jesus lived a perfect, sinless life. When He died on the cross, he suffered not for His own sins, but for MY sins. He bore my punishment, He took my place. When God sees me now, He sees only the perfect life Jesus lived. I don't have to do anything to earn His love, because Jesus did it for me. Amen!
7. My favorite song in the entire world right now is Surf's Up, Ho Daddy by The Backyardigans.
I don't know seven bloggers, so I apologize for breaking the rules on my first Meme. I am tagging Kristy, Kelsey, Ashton, and Stephanie. I would tag Dooce, but I think she's probably busy.
Hand-Painted Shopping Bags For Mom
4 hours ago