Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

Evie and I were just sitting on the couch together. She was eating her homemade trail mix of mini marshmallows, baby goldfish crackers, and chocolate chips. (And I resisted. Oh, to be a kid!)

As I watched her eat, I thought she seemed so dainty. She is a tiny girl, and she was eating with great elegance for a toddler. She brought bite after bite to her delicate little mouth. What a perfect and sweet daughter I have!

And she drew her gaze to me and looked me in the eyes. She proclaimed "Evie toot!" with a wicked grin.

The sweet part is from me. This farting part is all her father...

11 comments:

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Oohh! She would get along wonderfully with my girls! They also picked up that quality from their father!

Angela said...

hahahahaaa.... that is what my sister says tooo... : )

hubbameister said...

toot - toot!

Anonymous said...

how funny! that was not the ending I was expecting! lol

Gus said...

agreed, I thought that was going a different direction. You sure she did not learn that from my kids?

Unknown said...

LOL, i think it may be a recessive gene from our side, too. Remember Dad's fart game? Zac still plays it at the ripe old age of 31, btw :)

Alexia said...

LOL Gotta love what the kiddies come up with!

(I tagged you: http://themommyrambles.blogspot.com/2008/09/six-random-things.html)

jennifer said...

Avery does the same thing! Isn't it funny how they can be so girly and so NOT girly in one moment?

Shari Baby said...

hahaha. i love you evie! (and you too, chris and sarah. i love keeping up with you guys on this. i almost want to start one myself...) eh, prolly not. but it's so cute seeing her and 'hearing' her as well. =)
'evie toot' hahahaha

Ashton said...

How funny!!! That is just like Anna Grace!

Prasti said...

LOL! too funny. why are farts always so funny?