Sunday, September 7, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things

So I was going to write a post about all the cute things Evie says lately. For instance, she has been saying "Hoe-dyou," for so long, and yesterday I just figured out what it means. "Hold you." As in, "Hold me, please, Mommy." And this one is gross, but she picks her nose and holds her finger in the air, saying "Got it!" (I have no idea how she learned this!)

But after dinner tonight, our neighbor Mia trumped all of Evie's sayings. Mia came bounding up to us, yelling "My mouth is on fire! Please, someone spit in it!"

Mia turns five tomorrow. It cracks me up to think of what Evie might be saying when she is Mia's age...

What's the funniest thing your child has said? I can't wait to read the comments on this one!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute. Baby Girl says Hold-y. I just did a post about the things mine say.

Anonymous said...

Got it! Oh my word, how funny!!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

That is cute...

Kyla will look as me and say, "Mom, you're killing me!", when I tell her that she cannot do something.

Unknown said...

Sarah,
I am so in awe of your blog. It is beautiful and so well written. I don't have anything to add as far as funny things kids say, but someday I hope to. Evie is so lucky to have you as her mom!

Jackie said...

I love it! I am trying to think of the funniest thing that Savannah has said...a couple of times when she has made a mess, she'll run and get a paper towel and tell me, "Don't worry 'bout it, Mama, I clean up." She says, "Mama, hold you", too. Sorry, I am sort of drawing a blank right now...she normally has me in stitches all day long! :)

jennifer said...

avery always says, "I hode you a minute."

The other day, she said, "Mommy. I Ya-yoo. Amen."

Anonymous said...

what funny stories! I can't wait until Sweet Pea is older and I can add to the list!

Anonymous said...

Audrey has a few, but just yesterday she made me laugh aloud with this one. The mailman came right up to the door to deliver our mail, and of course it made the dog bark frantically. Audrey, who was in her room supposedly napping, then yelled as loud as she could, "Doggie, be quiet. I'm sleeping!"

She also says, "I'll be right back" whenever she takes a step away from me.

Sarah, this is my first comment, but I love all of your posts and so enjoy reading your blog!

Heather said...

My kids use to say, "hold you." I always loved it.

The middle one, if he couldn't find me or hubs, he would say, "Oh no. Mommy loss."

But now..oh my word. They all crack me up on a daily basis. Can't think of specifics right now...of course. :)

Shari Baby said...

haha that nose picking comment is great. i think she learned it to chris. while he contributes many endearing qualities...nose picking may not be the most endearing. =) love you chrissafer!

Shari Baby said...

i mean 'learned it FROM Chris'...darrrrrr