Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Sweet Life

Oh, I am blessed. And I know it.

I AM PREGNANT! After everything, I am actually carrying a baby. I am so very grateful to God for this miracle. It doesn't quite feel real yet, but I am loving this dream-come-true! Although my due date is still far away on November 4th, I'm already thinking about what this baby will be like.

And I'm already picturing Evie as the Big Sister. The other day, I was talking to her about where the baby should sleep. Did she want to stay in her room, or move into the guest room so the baby can have her room? She said "Baby sleep with me. I cuddle her up." Oh. My. Goodness.

See? Things are so very sweet in our house. Evie has even started calling me "Honey," instead of "Mommy."

"Honey, I love you," she said while stroking my cheek. "You take a nap, Honey?" she asked when we awoke, still snuggled together, one afternoon. "What you doing, Honey?" she'll question as I'm driving or cooking or reading.

My wonderful, beautiful miracle baby - and another one on the way. Yep, how sweet it is!

14 comments:

Scarlet O'Kara said...

You are blessed...and I cannot wait to experience this wonderful event with you all via this blog!

Blessing to you all...

Fiona said...

What a sweet girl you have. Such a generous spirit and so full of love.

I'm soooo excited.

Heather said...

Oh Honey, that is precious. It's no wonder that Evie is as wonderful as she is...she has a great influence. I have all the faith that this baby is going to be the exact same way.

Prasti said...

so excited for you and your family. i think evie will be a fantastic big sister :).

Unknown said...

How cute is that! I'm so excited for you! My bday is the 21st, think you can wait for it!?! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! November 4th was my scheduled csection date with my #5 baby- Katie! Dr. Jewell ended up taking her a bit earlier (Oct. 30) but November 4th is still a cool date!!

Congratulations again!!!

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

Big sisters are precious.

So excited for you!

Brian & Erin said...

Congratulations you!!! Can't wait to hear how the adventures roll once number two arrives! :)

-E

Jackie said...

I cannot tell you how thrilled I am - what a sweet blessing!

jennifer said...

HOORAY!!!!!

I'm soooo happy for you!

Alexandra said...

awww...Evie is going to be such a wonderful big sis!! yeah!

Nell said...

How sweet it is, indeed. Sweet for us, your bloggy friends, to be living this with you. November 4th is going to be a glorious day!

Nell

Kathy - mom of many said...

Congratulations to you! I can't wait to read updates along the way.

Mrs. Stam said...

congrats!!!!!!! sooooo happy for you!!! I feel like jumping up and down!!!!!
Sorry I miss this wonderful news!!!! Praise God!!!!