Monday, March 30, 2009

The Negotiator

Maybe my darling girl has a future as an attorney, because she thinks everything is a negotiation. Her favorite new phrase is "How about...?"

Me to Chris: Oh, I can't forget to get new Easter shoes for Evie to go with her dress.
Evie: How about clack-clack shoes?

Me to Evie: Do you want to have lunch first and then go to the grocery store, or do you want to shop and then have lunch?
Evie: How about McDonald's?

Me to Chris: We should probably start making dinner soon.
Evie: How about gum?

Me to Evie: After your nap, we'll play outside for awhile.
Evie: How about right now?

Me to Evie: It's time for you to put away your crayons.
Evie: How about no?

Oh, boy. Maybe I should put someone on retainer myself.

9 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh my word - Savannah does the EXACT same thing! It cracks me up - maybe they can open a law practice together. :)

Prasti said...

lol! isn't it cute, though? wait until they get older. our 11 y.o. son thinks he can negotiate and compromise on almost everything.

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

Little Z can join that firm. She is convinced she gets her way because she's her!

I must say, it's cute NOW, but you might want to invest in a comfy pillow for the closet for when you have to lock yourself up from her!

Mary/Mommyof5! said...

Oh, that's a girl for ya! My older daughter does the same thing...hey- it may suit them in later life!

What a sweet girl!

Alexandra said...

that's hilarious! I love how she says how about no! (although I am sure it wasn't so funny at the time) :)

Fiona said...

"How about no?"

Priceless.

Momisodes said...

LOL!

WHY does that sound so familiar? :)

Unknown said...

I found your blog through Jackie's. I loved the last one... How about no! Cracks me up, it sounds just like my two-year-old!

Heather said...

I have some lipgloss-I'd like to hire Evie.