Monday, December 8, 2008

Charge It!

A few weeks ago, we were shopping and Chris allowed Evie to "swipe" the credit card. Of course she loved it.

Now, she make-believe swipes credit cards all the time. Really. ALL. THE. TIME.

Anything can be a credit card machine. For instance, she likes to ride around on her little red car. The toy started out as a walker for Evie, but the sides slide together and it becomes a ride-on car. There is a groove where the two sides come together, and the other day I noticed Evie swiping old Valentine's Day cards!

Then yesterday we were at lunch and she started using the wooden menu holder as a credit card machine. I gave her an old Kohl's coupon that's shaped just like a credit card and is on heavy card stock. She was in Swiping Heaven, and stayed occupied for quite awhile.

Don't you wonder what she's purchasing with all these credit cards? I hope she gets a job so she can pay the bills. I don't want her spending all her playtime pretending to avoid calls from debt collectors...

5 comments:

Fiona said...

Love it! Perhaps she's buying gifts? Maybe you could expand the whole game by helping her make lists and receipts. I mean, a real salesperson gives a receipt.

Scarlet O'Kara said...

That's my kinda girl! Both my girls love to grab their father's wallet. Forget about the license and photos...they want the credit cards and cash!

Alexandra said...

how cute! Sweet Pea likes to press the buttons on the credit card machines so whenever I use my debit card I help him press the pin number. Now he thinks he should get to do it every time we pass one! lol our two would get along quite well. one to swipe..one to enter the pin.

Shari Baby said...

i'm sure chris will be putting a handle on that credit card swiping thing when she gets older!

Rae said...

You should get some fake money give it to her to pay her bills.