Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Italian Beef Sandwiches

My father-in-law is here for the next few weeks, and I remember how much he liked this meal when I made it last winter. I cooked this for dinner last night, and it was good enough for seconds!

I like to serve this when there's a crowd. Everyone can make their own sandwiches right out of the crock pot. Make sure you have copies of the recipe - trust me, people will ask for it.

Italian Beef Sandwiches
3 c beef broth
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp onion salt
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
2 (0.7 oz) packages dry Italian seasoning salad dressing mix
1 (5 lb) rump roast
16 oz. jar mild pepperoncinis

Combine beef broth, pepper, oregano, basil, onion salt, parsley, garlic powder, and salad dressing mix in a saucepan. Stir well and bring to a boil.

Place roast in crock pot and pour hot salad dressing mixture over the meat.

Cover and cook on low for 10 hours. Remove meat and shred. Return to crock pot, along with 1/2 jar of pepperoncinis. Cook 1/2 hour more.

Serve on buns with provolone cheese.

Enjoy!

Lisa hosts Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays over at Blessed with Grace. Visit her for more yummy recipes!

8 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

This sounds scrumptious!!

Happy TMTT!!

Anonymous said...

Those sandwiches sound soooo good!

In response to your question, yes I have in Texas we call them Frito pie!! But I think I like the name Pepper Belly better, So very good!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

My mother-in-law use to make this all the time. I love this stuff!!!

Alexandra said...

yum!!

Anonymous said...

totally trying this!!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

This does sound wonderful and I will be making this! You always have good recipes! Thanks for sharing.

Momisodes said...

Oh my. This sounds so good. I just know Dadisodes would love this, too.

Janelle said...

Sounds wonderful!