Friday, December 18, 2009

Talkin' with My Girl

Evie: Here are the directions I wrote to Heaven, where Jesus lives.
Me: Oh, good! But we won't be going to Heaven for a long time.
Evie: (Handing me my cell phone) But don't forget your phone when we go.
Me: Honey, we won't need phones in Heaven.
Evie: They already have a phone?
Me: (A little exasperated) Yes, they have a phone already.
Evie: When it rings, I will run run run to answer it!

-----

Me: Evie, what do you want for breakfast?
Evie: Ramen Noodles.
Me: You can't have Ramen Noodles for breakfast, they're lunch food. What do you want for breakfast?
Evie: (Pausing a few seconds.) Is it okay if we just call this lunch?

5 comments:

Prasti said...

funny girl. sometimes we have breakfast for dinners...so i suppose you could have lunch for breakfast??

Fiona said...

Maybe she and Iain have been talking on their cell phones. The other day he asked for hummus for breakfast.

But as Prasti says - we regularly give him breakfast for dinner, soo...I can see that he might consider dinner for breakfast completely rational.

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

So, I would have totally given her Ramen for "lunch" just because that is BRILLIANT thinking. I'm a softy like that!

Alexandra said...

what a smartie pants!!!! love it! :)

Shari Baby said...

oh she's once again...so stinkin' cute. love her comments on things!